Thursday, June 13, 2024

June 1 - 14, 2024

 So excited the 2025 Coastal Magic Reading Challenge has begun.  I had a great vacation and got a lot of reading and audio books listened to while I was gone.  



How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1)How to Save an Undead Life by Hailey Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was a bit confused at the start of the story even stopping to check I was reading book 1 in the series. But as the story unfolds you realize that Grier herself was also confused about what had and was happening to her. There seem to be so many people trying to manipulate Grier for their own purposes. I like that see seems to be developing her own strength. It will be interesting to see what happens in Grier’s future. I listened to the audio which was a great way to meet a new author in a genre I don’t often read. #CMCon25

View all my reviews My Orc Bodyguard (Eastshore Isle)My Orc Bodyguard by Veronika Kane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story was such a fun little romp of a reconnection. While finding a lost love ina visit to a small town but with a twist. “Monsters”!. I really enjoyed this cute little romance and will return to the island for more. #CMCon25

 

View all my reviews Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries (Camper & Criminals, #1)Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries by Tonya Kappes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the whole cast of characters from Normal, KY. Mae West is stronger than she thinks. I also liked that even when she wanted to sell off the grounds she still wanted to leave the campground and the town a better place. The ending was a total surprise. I listened to the audio and it sounded great. #CMCon25


View all my reviews The Dream Keeper's DaughterThe Dream Keeper's Daughter by Emily Colin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was drawn in from the beginning of the story where you feel the coming a mystery. I like how Finn is a part of the story. The drama of the past is so striking and dramatic. But my feelings were mixed at the ending of the story. There were questions that I felt went unresolved. I don’t want to same more because I don’t want to give spoilers but I wasn’t completely happy with the way things turned out. #CMCon25

View all my reviews Stalking Buffalo Bill (Buddy's Cafe, #1)Stalking Buffalo Bill by J. Leigh Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Donnie has a crush and is finally ready to make his move. It doesn’t go as smoothly as he wants but he still has hope. Then enter the bad guys. What follows is a series of mishaps and drama as each man does his best to protect the other. There is a lot of frustration and some rash choices on the way to the happy ending. I enjoyed this new author to me. #CMCon25
 

View all my reviews Nutty For You (Fox Hollow Zodiac #1.7)Nutty For You by Morgan Brice
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a short story of finding the person who really sees you and still wants you. It was also a great way to kick off the first read of the 24-25 Reading Challenge. This story has lots of humor and some tension. I love when Elias mentions the squirrel giving him gifts. #CMCon25


View all my reviews Last ChancesLast Chances by M.A. Grant
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think the theme of this story could be just be honest about your feelings. There was drama that was because people didn’t state their real reasons. Also, Cat’s brother was such a hypocrite. This was a story story that does make it a HEA. #CMCon25

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment