Time to post my September Coastal Magic Reading Challenge Books.
Well Met by Jen DeLucaMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Emily is spending time helping out her older sister after an accident. She gets roped in to helping with the local Ren Faire so her niece can take part. I loved how Emily took to her role. She even had great ideas to make things better. Things get complicated with a willy pirate. But Emily decides to make this her home no matter what which make the ending even sweeter. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
Black & White by Vinni GeorgeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Nero is asked to do a bodyguard gig and he’s not sure he wants the job. But when he realizes that his job is also his fated mate he’s suddenly on board. Now they have to figure out where the threat against Felix is coming from. I love how Nero call Felix, “Lucky”. I also liked getting to know the rest of Nero’s family and Felix’s idea of them combining their talents. By the end of the story we know Nero and Felix have cemented their relationship but there is still a threat that is wider than they realized. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
The Best Man's Problem: A Gay Romantic Comedy of Opposites Attract by Sera TaínoMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Rafe’s sister asks him to help out Etienne with best duties. Of course that one secret kiss in the past is creating a challenging situation. I felt like Rafe could have used some therapy to deal with his long term guilt as it really impacts how he sees himself and relationships. Etienne makes sure Rafael is treating him as a partner. I do love the sweet way this story ends. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
The Wrong Cowboy by Sasha SummersMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Mabel is back home in Texas for a visit and to save the town tree. Mabel also has a crush on Jensen since they were kids. But their families have been feuding for generations. Throw in Jensen’s daughter who thinks Mabel is a real princess and things are getting complicated. I admired the fact that despite his own internal conflicted he never lets the hate effect his daughter. This is a great family feud over come by love story. Jensen’s daughter Samantha was such a great character to bring people together. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda JonesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Sunshine has been elected sheriff in her home town. A basket of muffins arrives in the office on her first day. It puts everyone on edge because it seems to set off a series of troubling events. I really loved Sunshine’s daughter who is very determined and clever. While the case comes to an end there are some unanswered questions. Can’t wait to see what could be next. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
Ley Lines and Lemons by HD SmithMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Raven was drawn to Lost Isle Key and feels like settling down but then one blood moon night everything seems to change. Shifters and witches are everywhere. And then dead bodies are stacking up. I loved watching Raven when she decides magic must really exist so she embraces it. She is willing to put herself at risk to help those around her. This story is full of mystery and intrigue. We see one young woman realize her potential and fully embrace it. There is just enough sprinkles of humor to lighten things up a bit here and there. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
Finding Dolly: Sweet southern contemporary romance with humor, friendship & surprises by Becki LeeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
NOTE: I finished this book before Dolly’s passing. I think it makes this story even more special now. ---- Grace has lost her mother but a strange notes leads her on a journey to Nashville to find a list of people including Dolly. Carl who was on the list is a bit surprised to meet Grace. I was tearing up near the end of the book when Grace was reading over her journal. (Watch for it.) I was surprised how much I loved this story. I was really drawn into Grace’s journey of discovery. This combines light hearted moments along with some deeper ones that give the story a feeling of realness. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
Trusting the Elements by Elle KeatonMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Otto is checking out a new town when he gets stuck in a ditch. Greg rescues him and later they run into each other and sparks fly. I liked the scene later in the book when it seems like everyone shows up at Greg’s house at the same time. This is a sweet romance with a bit of ex drama. These two men were so well suited for each other. #CMCon27
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment