Sunday, September 15, 2024

August 22 - September 15, 2024

Well as summer slips into fall I've have past the 1/2 way mark in the authors for the Coastal Magic Reading Challenge.  I'm trying to read a least one book from each other authors.  And if I have time go back and read more of my favorite series or authors.  I always find some surprises.  Finding a book way out of my comfort zone and really enjoying.  Of course there a couple that even though really well written weren't my jam.  But that is a great thing about a challenge you at least take a taste of lots of different things.  Through the challenge activities I've really enjoyed getting to know the authors and the story behind some of their stories that make them even more interesting.  For more information about the Reading Challenge click.  And if you would like the chances to meet these great authors in person here is Coastal Magic Convention.  #CMCon25 #CMReadingChallenge

A Son for the Cowboy (The Boones of Texas Book 5)A Son for the Cowboy by Sasha Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Poppy is a strong woman who has built a life for herself and her son. I l like the fact that despite the circumstances she had never told her son negative things about Toben. I really like he took steps to show her that what he said was for real and he could be trusted. Story had a great HEA. #CMCon25
 

View all my reviews Honor and Wealth: RemyHonor and Wealth: Remy by Dahlia Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sinead is a strong woman who is raising 5 children on her own. Sometimes you need a little help which is how her world intersects with Remy’s world. It is life changing for them both. But there is a lot to work through both internally and by outside forces. I loved the strength and intelligence by all the characters including the children. This story has some very dramatic moments. #CMCon25

View all my reviews A Lowcountry Bride (Brides of Lowcountry, #1)A Lowcountry Bride by Preslaysa Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Maya has a successful career on the rise but she must take care of her dad. This was the first choice of priorities she needed to make. So much continues to happen in her life that causes her to think about her priorities. There is a romance in the story with Derek but to me the focus of the story was Maya own internal struggles as she has to reevaluate her dreams and what it really means to be successful. I love the rich voice of the narrator as well. #CMCon25

View all my reviews The Scottish Rogue (The Campbells #1)The Scottish Rogue by Heather McCollum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of historical romance but a challenge is a challenge. I was surprised by how much I loved this story. We get to see the strength it takes to be a woman when all is against you. I like how all the characters were allowed to develop through the story. It helps you to love or hate them as is their due. And while men will ride to your rescue sometimes you must take matters into your own hands. The narration was also well done. #CMCon25

View all my reviews Happy Is On HiatusHappy Is On Hiatus by A.C. Arthur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is full of strong resilient women. The main character is Rita but it also includes her cousins who are like sisters. It also explores the importance of family in your life. We also see how sharing a meal can help build relationships and heal wounds. Great audio. #CMCon25
 

View all my reviews The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter, #1)The Mystery of Nevermore by C.S. Poe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love this book but it is hard to figure out how to review it without giving anything away. I love Sebastian’s curiosity. Calvin is working hard to solve the crime. They need to find all the clues in time. #CMCon25

 

View all my reviews MAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy NovelMAX ABADDON AND THE WILL: A Max Abaddon Urban Fantasy Novel by Justin Leslie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Max is about to turn thirty and thinking about what he should do next. And then his world shifts upside down. Things are really not what they seem. Max gets drawn into the intrigue of at whole new level. I love the blend of action and humor in this book. There is a wonderful and rich cast of characters. This is the first in a series. The main issue for this story get resolved but there is clearly more action to come. #CMCon25

View all my reviewsHoodoo Heaven (Boudin, Barbecue, and Hoodoo)Hoodoo Heaven by Reggi Dupree
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gwen is on a mission to make it through her birthday. She has all kind of gifts which make her life interesting. I love her whit and sass. The ending is really a beginning of what life has in store for Gwen. I really love the narration of the audio book. #CMCon25

View all my reviews Beyond the Next Star (Love Beyond #1)Beyond the Next Star by Melody Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story opens with Delaney in a frightening situation. Through the story we learn more about the events that led to that moment. There is also mystery and intrigue set in this new world. I really like how Torek treated her with kindness even before he fully understood what was happening. The audio version kept me engaged through the whole story. #CMCon25

View all my reviews Learning to Run (The Education of the Heart #4)Learning to Run by M.A. Innes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the way that these three men just fit together. I also like h ow Brady and Jude are becoming part of their family. I can’t image how crazy the next holiday meal will be at Brady’s mom.

 

View all my reviews Dark Moon, Shallow Sea (The Gods of Night and Day #1)Dark Moon, Shallow Sea by David R. Slayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked up this book because I enjoyed the Adam series. This book is nothing like those books. Dark Moon is very intense with a feeling of darkness. Yet it was so riveting. and kept drawing me in. The ending was very well played. I truly enjoyed this story. #CMCon25
 

View all my reviewsJoshua's Rainbow (Rainbow Key #1)Joshua's Rainbow by Victoria Sue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is a journey to love. Daniel has been driven to the point of exhaustion. Joshua has been surviving. Rainbow Key itself is a character in this story being a safe space for all that land there. This story has some emotional ups and downs as well. I really loved the beautiful ending to the story. I can’t wait to read more of this series. #CMCon25

View all my reviews The Stars that Tremble (Stars, #1)The Stars that Tremble by Kate McMurray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mike has been alone for a long time as he raises his daughter Emma. Gio suffered a crushing life change beyond his control. Each is living their own lives. Suddenly, because of Emma their orbits overlap which brings a change for all of them. There is some internal angst on both men’s parts and outside forces. But together they weather it all. I like teh simple but happy ending for both main characters. #CMCon25

View all my reviewsThe Guardian's Heart (Growing Strong #1)The Guardian's Heart by Michel Prince
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a sweet story. There is love at first sight. This story has few moments of drama but mostly low angst. It is a great story of what it takes to make a family where love is the foundation. I enjoyed the audio book. #CMCon25

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment