Sunday, March 10, 2013

Review: Honeymoon Cottage


Honeymoon Cottage
Honeymoon Cottage by Matt Brooks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I will date myself but part of the appeal in getting this book is that it is set in 1962 the same year I was born. I had no idea what to expect. Dale is young but on his own since his family kicked him out. He meets Rey and feels attracted but Rey wants to be caution and careful. I liked the way that the story builds slowly and doesn't feel the need to rush to the end. I loved Rey's family and how caring they were for those they had come to care about. It's a good reminder that men loving each other is not a new thing but how much more cautious they men had to be and they little ways they could communicate without words.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment