Thursday, July 6, 2023

Week 27, 2023

 I am half way through a week off from work so trying to get plenty of reading done.  Also, I am continuing to mix in Coastal Magic Convention Reading Challenge books with other things in my TBR pile.  Those reviews are marked with #CMCon24.  



Goated by the Gods (Deity Dating)Goated by the Gods by Sheri Lyn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Being a goat shifter isn’t bad enough now gods are trying to find mates for the brothers. Zach has his reasons for not trusting the “help” but Gareth has his own issues. Both of these men just need a chance to talk it out but that isn’t as easy as it sounds. This is a cute story of what can happen when dieties thing you need their help.

View all my reviews The Rebel Cowboy's Baby (Cowboys of Garrison, Texas, #1) )The Rebel Cowboy's Baby by Sasha Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The surprise baby is not a new premise but this story has a new twist to this trope. It explores what happens when two people find themselves having to share the duties of caring for a baby. I like how it explores that both main characters have some room for growth in different ways. Also, there isn’t insta love as the relationship is brand new and takes time to build. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Better Together Universe Books 1-3Better Together Universe Books 1-3 by B.L. Maxwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so glad I listened to this box set because you get the whole story of Rio and Caden. It is wonderful to see how their life brings them together. You also get to see the reality of hard choices circumstances might bring you to. Their story continues to turn more and more positive as you move through the stories. Listened to the audio and it was well done.

View all my reviews A Whipped Cream Kind of Day (One of Those Days, #5)A Whipped Cream Kind of Day by M.A. Innes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love this sweet story. Remy is so calm against Skyler’s antics. Brook shows up to check on Remy after a work incident and from there things get very sweet. I like how they make their own path together and don’t let themselves get pushed by well meaning friends.


 

View all my reviews Fahrenheit (Power of Three Love #2)Fahrenheit by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As the story starts I was worried it was going to be a bit much with a busy bedroom scene. But I kept going and I’m so glad I did. The story of the developing relationship between Scarlett and the two men she cares about isn’t an easy or straight line. There are many difficult moments and some very dramatic moments in this story. I listened to the audio version of the story and it was well done.

View all my reviews PackPack by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is short but it packs some series drama. Marlee’s very life is in danger and even when she’s rescue it isn’t over. We really get to feel what Marlee is feeling. Thankfully, we get to see a ending that has promise of better things. #CMCon24


 

View all my reviews Formals, Fortune Cookies & FraudFormals, Fortune Cookies & Fraud by Catherine Bruns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is the set of for a whole mystery story series. We get to see the main character faced with both a mystery and a choice. The next book in the series starts out letting you know how those choices played out. #CMCon24

 

View all my reviews Just One Night (Take a Chance, #1)Just One Night by Caridad Piñeiro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fun story about two people who finally find the courage to take a chance. I thought it was funny that they thought they were sneaking. It was a sweet start to a new relationship. #CMCon24

 

View all my reviews Candy KissesCandy Kisses by Bernadette Marie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story was a lot of fun. You have Tabitha that is making chocolate for all those special moments inspired by love that she doesn’t even believe in. Enter Preston who would like to change her mind. There were moments where you really worried that things could work that gave a nice level of tension. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is high angst and there were moments that I was frustrated with both main characters because of the lack of actually talking things out. But then I started to really think about the situation these men find themselves in. Neither has any experience with the same sex and they both come from a law enforcement background. So not good communicators really is who these men are. Their path is full of some very hard patches and there is much to overcome. We also get to see how fear can really effect you ability to trust your own feelings. In the end I really enjoyed this emotional story. I listened to the audio version and it was well done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment