Saturday, January 7, 2023

Week 1 of 2023

 Hard to believe it is another year.  I haven't yet worked out the statistics for 2022 but it is time for the first reviews for 2023.  Expect quite a bit more holiday stories because I didn't get as much reading time as I had wanted over my Christmas break.  Going into the new year I'm am scheduling reading time every day.  



A Little Christmas: TeddyA Little Christmas: Teddy by Aster Rae
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love the sweet idea of the story as a retelling of the Little Princess story which was a childhood favorite. But there were just somethings that took a whole of suspension of belief in the modern age. Also, some things were brought up in the beginning of the book that didn't seem to have a resolution. I was happy for Teddy to have his HEA and I think Chester does care so it got 3 stars.

View all my reviews Heal (White House Men #7)Heal by Nora Phoenix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed this whole series so much. It has been a great mix of romance and intrigue. It is well written and draws you in a brings you along. I love the mostly soft story of everyone figuring out what is next in their lives.. But there is some really tough moments to close out the story.
I listened to the audio version and enjoyed it very much.

View all my reviews A Silver Fox for KinkmasA Silver Fox for Kinkmas by Colette Davison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how Barney is so sure about what he doesn't want yet he is drawn to Magnus. He keeps breaking his own rules. You can see there relationship developing. I love how Magnus is willing to let go even when he is hurt. I love the discussion that Kasper and Barney have in the car. This a sweet story of finding what you aren't looking for.

View all my reviews A Little Christmas: TerrenceA Little Christmas: Terrence by J.P. Sayle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the fact that Warren has been interested in Terrance for a long time and vis versa. It isn't just a whim and it makes the way the relationship develop seem appropriate. There are parts of the story that have your heart breaking for Terrance and the hardships he is facing. I really love how this story ends. It was a great holiday read.

View all my reviews A Little Christmas: TimmyA Little Christmas: Timmy by Kaytea Kat
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how Timothy is an accomplished and responsible person who feels overwhelmed by his work life. I love the fact that a slip of a few seconds leads Art to respond to his deepish wish. From there there story develops quickly but it is a fun a happy ending to a fun way to meet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment