Friday, August 18, 2023

Week 32 - 33, 2023

 It has been another busy couple of weeks.  Participated in the first pre-Halloween event with Taste of Terror at Universal Orlando.  Two weeks to the start of Haunted House time.  This week I even manage a short Halloween story.  Still working on my Coastal Magic Reading Challenge.  Look for the reviews that include #CMCon24 to find book by authors who will be at the Convention this February. 



Deadbeat Druid (Adam Binder, #3)Deadbeat Druid by David R. Slayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I started this series I wasn’t sure it would be my jam but this whole series was such a wonderful surprise. I love the development of all the characters through out the series. This final story of the trilogy goes such a great job of rapping up the over arcing story. I love how Adam is true to himself. Don’t want to say more because I don’t want to give anything away. I listened to the audio version and it really drew me in.

#CMCon24

View all my reviews Destination BeddingDestination Bedding by Allison Temple


Kate’s little sister is getting married and that is causing some upset for her. Piper is a friend of her Kate’s sister who has come for the wedding. Kate quickly realizes Piper is all grown up. While Kate deals with some many conflicting emotions. Piper tries to help Kate get through the wedding. I like the relationship they are starting to develop. This is a great story of changing feelings. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews SEAL Of Time (Trident Legacy #1)SEAL Of Time by Sharon Hamilton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story has a very unique look at romance and the gods. Tay is not just half god but he is a man that cares about others. His encounter with Macey starts a series of events. I love the unique ending to this story. #CMCon24

 

View all my reviews The CreekThe Creek by Riley Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

August is starting over with his son in his old home town. Clint was his best friend back then. I love how they quickly rekindled that friendship. The interaction between them and others in the area is entertaining. I also like how we get to see how strong Clint’s feelings become. Great story of section changes and making choices. I listened to the audio and it was very well done.

View all my reviews Teach for Treat (A Proper Education #0.5)Teach for Treat by Rhys Everly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a short story that introduces you to the A Proper Education series. I have already read the rest of the series but I still enjoyed this little peak at how it all started. It is a classic student/professor crush story but it a fun story and a great way to kick off the coming Halloween season. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews Bound to You (At Your Service Book 1)Bound to You by Shawntelle Madison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You see early on that Xavier and Sophie have more in common that they would think on the surface. Xavier is clear about what he doesn’t want. But of course things change through the course of the story. This story was full of heat and the ending was very satisfying. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)Heartscape by Garrett Leigh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You start the story with seeing just the surface of both the MC. But as they get to know each other we get to know them and the things in their past that shape who they are now. They slowly build a relationship with each other. There a few moments of drama but it gives you chance to see the characters grow. Overall a very enjoyable story and great addition to this series. I listened to the audio and enjoyed it very much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment