Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Week 34, 2023

Another week.  Again not as many books because work has been really busy.  Thanks goodness for audio books on morning walks.  I'm also working my way through more Coastal Magic Reading Challenge books as well.  #CMCon24 #CMCon24Readingchallenge

And now onto the reviews:


Perchance to Dream (Dream Weavers and Truth Seekers #0.5)Perchance to Dream by Cecilia Dominic
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story is an interesting journey. I’m not sure what category I would place it in. We follow Emma into her dreams and find out the relationship between dreams and real life. This is a short story that introduces the rest of the series. #CMCon24


 

View all my reviews Well Played (Well Met, #2)Well Played by Jen DeLuca
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story has a romcom vibe that was very enjoyable. It has a bit of mistaken identity. I’ll be honest I guessed from the start who was really behind the email but it was still tons of fun to see their communications through out the year. And see how it all works out make it a great romance. This was a new author for me but I really enjoyed the book. I listened to the audio version and really enjoyed it. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Fated Blades (Kinsmen, #3)Fated Blades by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don’t normally go for science fiction based stories but I’m working on the reading challenge so I decided to give it a try. I was draw into the story from the very beginning. It is a very captivating story line. It is a great mix of a spouses done wrong that could be set in any genre with the addition of some very amazing abilities that add to the drama. I listened to the audio version and enjoyed it very much. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Casey (Leashes & Lace #4)Casey by Shaw Montgomery
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been waiting for the series to continue on audio. I am so excited to see it now. I love Casey’s story. I like how you get a look back at the process that brings him to the place at the beginning of the story. Casey is so sweet and his interaction with the other guys is so much fun. I also like the way Preston gives him the space to be ready for each step of their growing relationship. The audio was also well done.
 

View all my reviews Unexpected (Unconditional Love, #1)Unexpected by M.A. Innes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the way this story starts out. I also like the way that Finn is there for Ryland and is willing to push him a bit. I love the carrying that Holden shows Ryland from the beginning. I also like how well they fit together. This is a great start to another series.



View all my reviews Dragon's Secret (The Dragons of Ascavar #4.5)Dragon's Secret by J.D. Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a twist on a shifter story where one person doesn’t know about their identity. And of course there is a the normal ups and downs of a new relationship. There is a lot to work but there are benefits to knowing more about your past. #CMCon24

 

View all my reviews Forgiven (Power of Three Love, #4)Forgiven by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is another great installment in the The Power of Three Love series. This one has a bit of twist when the Clara is moving on after her divorce from Bodhi. But things quickly get complicated as there are feelings all around. Also, there are other issues that need to be overcome on their way to their HEA. I absolutely loved the all the bonus epilogues.

I listened to the audio version and it was so well done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment