Sunday, August 6, 2023

Week 31, 2023

 Well here we are at the end of the summer.  While I have been working all summer I will be spending next week getting my room set up and my new students start on Monday.  I ended the summer with a trip to Keel Farms for the tour of the Keel and Curley Winery.  They produce fruit based wines, ciders, and ales.  My daughter treated me to the tour.  This fun fruity flavors go great with a good book.  And I've been finding new authors this summer as part of the Coastal Magic Convention Reading Challenge.  The convention will be held in Daytona Beach, February 22-25, 2024.  Get all the details at Coastal Magic Convention.com #CMCon24. #CMConreadingchallenge.  

I'm sporting my great Reading Challenge Tee
Tyler the Goat.  She got to big for goat yoga. 



And now on to this week's reviews:
#CMCon24 mark those by author that will be at Coastal Magic 24 



Huntsman (Fox Hollow Zodiac #1)Huntsman by Morgan Brice
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was really so surprised by this story. This is a new to me author that I picked up at a book convention because I like supporting MM authors at main stream book cons. I wasn’t sure what to expected but I really loved this story. There is a lot of drama and a mystery that needs solving. It is very well written and kept me on the edge of my seat. I look forward to reading more in this series. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Out of the Frying Pan (Love in Flames, #1)Out of the Frying Pan by Elouise East
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like stories were the MC aren’t looking for love or a relationship and yet there they are trying to figure things out. There are a few bumps in the road but at the end they are both better men than when they started.

 

View all my reviews Famous (Power of Three Love #3)Famous by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great installment in the series. I love the way all the people in this story are interconnected with one another. I also like how you see the family they are building. There are lots of strong emotions and some crazy danger but a very satisfying story. The audio is very well done.

View all my reviews Love Me, Lord Tender (A Series of Unconventional Courtships #1)Love Me, Lord Tender by Deb Marlowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a fun little romp. Hope wants to make you own choices in her life. William has a reputation but you can tell Hope is drawn to him. You see both of them dance around their issues . As the reader we can see the possibility of where they are headed which adds to the fun. Historical is my usual go too but this story was a lot of fun. I listened to the audio and really enjoyed the voice actor. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Freestyle (Changing Lanes, #3)Freestyle by Layla Reyne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a new to me author that I discovered as part of my Coastal Magic Book Convention reader challenge. I started with this short story. It is well written and a lot of fun. I know I will be going back and reading the first two stories that are part of this series. If you like sports stories you will really enjoy this story. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews The World (Love in O'Leary #3.5)The World by May Archer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a short story in the O’Leary world. I like the connection to the town with these two men as they meet elsewhere. I like how they have such a different perspective on life. I like how they will be able to transform their lives to fit well together. I listened to the audio version and it was very well done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment