Sunday, January 16, 2022

Week 2 Reviews

Another week of listening and reading. Real (Lost Red Wolves #2)Real by Amy Bellows
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is full of so much heart. It is an emotional read as you are pulled into both Buddy and H's past. There are both so caring and willing to sacrifice. I love the justice in the story that lets the characters still be their true selves. I love this story very much.
I listened to the audio version and it was very well done.

View all my reviews The Arrangement (Soulmates, #1)The Arrangement by Felice Stevens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story has some feelings and both men think they have a reason for keeping most of themselves hidden away. I also like how neither man realized how strong they are and how much they have overcome. You also realize that both men are caring people. It seems natural that once both men relaxed their hold on their feelings that things would happen fast. I also loved getting to meet Carter's brother. A very heartening story.
Listened to the audio version and it was very well done.

View all my reviews The Best GiftThe Best Gift by Eli Easton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is so much pain for both Greg and Robbie in the grief they are dealing with. As a reader I think I clue about other connections there were but it was interesting to see how everything unfolded between these men. I also really appreciated the supporting cast of the story. They contributed a realness and sweetness to the story. I also love the final chapter that gives you a wrap up that is such a wonderful way to end the story.

View all my reviews Me Three (A Proper Education #2)Me Three by Rhys Everly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just love Tru and I love the way their influence was a wonderful edition to Carter and Everette's life. It is a case that everyone wins. This story moves quickly but it still feels real. I also love the last chapter that really brings it all together.
I listened to the audio version it was well done and enjoyable.

View all my reviews Socks for an OtterSocks for an Otter by Posy Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love how this book tells a wonderful story and yet also lets you see the truth of being homeless and in need. It gives a face and a heart. The idea of sweep has always seemed wrong but to see it from the perspective of characters I have come to care about really brings home the unfairness. This is a book of course so HEA in lots of different ways which makes for a good read but doesn't leave you feeling like you understand that the reality is much more stark.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment