Sunday, January 23, 2022

Week 3 - Reviews

Daddy's Little Christmas (Secret Santa Daddy)Daddy's Little Christmas by Della Cain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a sweet story about caring and attraction. Both Alaric and Bridge have been thinking about the other one and what a relationship could be like. Alaric has been caring for his boss all along. I really like the fun way things really come to a head with them. It was also kind of neat the big reveal happens about half was through the book so we get to see them develop as a couple. A fun story and a great addition to the Secret Santa collection.

View all my reviews The Medic’s Little GirlThe Medic’s Little Girl by Pepper North
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is a sweet story of a little girl finding her special daddy. I love how River is able to make friends with the other littles in the story. I think Doniphan should have been a bit more patient at first as she was figuring things out but they do get it worked out. I love the happy story.
I listened to the audio version and it was a lot of fun.

View all my reviews A Daddy of the HeartA Daddy of the Heart by Dakota Trace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It had been so long since I preorder the book and finally got around to reading it that I completely forgot the plot of the story so the tragedy kind of took me my surprise. I love how Eli can be strong but that he still needs Williem's car. I also like how we get to see that Daddy's sometimes need care as well. This story is all about caring for your family and what the true meaning of family is. I also love the peek of Williem's parents they are so sweet and such a good example of how to have it all.

View all my reviews Finding ElliottFinding Elliott by R.J. Moray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The reason I gave this book a 3.0 rating instead of a 4.0 is because the ending implies where the relationships might be headed but personally as a reader I like it to be more clear exactly where everyone stands. I came to care about this guys and I'm not sure I am completely satisfied that everyone is getting everything they need. But the story is well written and draws you in with the need and pain.

View all my reviews A Cozy Little ChristmasA Cozy Little Christmas by Laylah Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how Cullen and Ivy are perfect for each other but neither one can see it. I loved Ivy and her gnomes. Cullen has such a caring streak. This was a fun a sweet holiday story.

View all my reviews Not Just For ChristmasNot Just For Christmas by J.J. Harper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The beginning of the story took a bit to get through as you go back between both men's back story but as they story moves forward you understand more why there is so much to their back story. The story really moves quickly once their stories intersect. I love the way these two fit together. This was a wonderful story of two men enhancing each other's life.

View all my reviews The Promise (Lost in New York, #2)The Promise by Felice Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is a wonderful second chance story. Both men are angry at the other and both have their reasons from their perspective of events. Of course it is never that simple and a lot of truths come to the surface. But they begin the journey of reconnecting with neither one has all the facts. I also like that even when truths come out both men are also willing to admit their own failings. It is also a story that examines the idea that the course of their lives could have been completely different and how they relate now would not have been the same if they hadn't had the years apart. I love the development of the characters and love their friends and family and what they add to the story.
I listened to audio version and it was very well done.

View all my reviews Mr. Naughty & Mr. Nice (Secret Santa Daddy)Mr. Naughty & Mr. Nice by Joe Satoria
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had mixed feeling on this story. I love the idea of the story. Someone finding two daddies so that all their needs can get met. Gram was a hoot and such a fun side character. But where things got a bit muddle was that individual Colby does some things that are a bit wrong and heavy handed but yet he seems to not be hugely ambitious. James seems like a very caring daddy yet isn't really very assertive when confronted by Colby's behavior. They make such a deal about Colby and James kind of having something but it didn't work out. So the idea that these two didn't work as a couple but with Layton helps to make it work for all of them. But again it seem to go very quickly from we have a problem with each other to all is wonderful. So overall it turns out with a HEA but it seem to be a bit bumpy to get there.

View all my reviews Waiting for Daddy ChristmasWaiting for Daddy Christmas by Lorelei M. Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how this story evolves. We see Noah's morning morning and as the story unfolds we are given different ideas about his grief and we understand more about why he wanted to be alone. I love they way Cruz connects with Noah and is willing to go the extra mile to make his stay special. These two are so cute together and makes a wonderful holiday story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment