Sunday, December 31, 2023

Week 52, 2023

Hard to believe we are at the end of another year.  I almost doubled my Good Reads goal for 2023.  I have another 6 weeks to rack up points for the Coastal Magic Book Convention Reading Challenge.  I am also going to be reading Christmas stories throughout the month of January.  


Blue Forty-Two (Fourth and Goal, #1)Blue Forty-Two by Rayvn Salvador
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holden’s life is changed in a moment. It’s hard to have to reimagine your life. Tamryn not only offers medical advise but she’s there for him as well. Holden’s is stubborn but she’s up for the challenge. #CMCon24

 

View all my reviews Hair and HeartHair and Heart by Rhys Everly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is so well done. You can see the nod to the Rapunzel story yet this take is fresh and intriguing. You see the depths someone would go to for money. You also see the power love has to lift someone out of a dark place even if you don’t realize you are there. While the story is has some dark moments there is still plenty of whit and snarky to balance it out. I really enjoyed this story very much. #CMCon24

View all my reviews North's Pole (Camp Bay Christmas)North's Pole by Leta Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how North just starts to head toward’s Liam. I like how the book acknowledged that while they had feelings in the past both realized that wasn’t the time. But it also is why their fast paced relationship made sense. A sweet love at love at the right time. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews In Safe Keeping (Heroes and Babies, #2)In Safe Keeping by Victoria Sue
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was surprised by the intensity of this story. From beginning to end there are filled with danger in all kinds of forms. While Lucas is seen as the hero because of his job you also see how much strength Owen has. I also loved the other relationships that are examined during the story. This story has surprised around every corner and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very last sentence. I listened to the audio version and it was very well done. #CMCon24

View all my reviews JakubJakub by Joe Satoria
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like that while Chester can give so much to Jakob that he needs in his life, Jakob is also able to help Chester out. I like how they just fit so well together. This is a sweet Christmas story were everybody wins.

 

View all my reviews A Little Christmas: Claus's SecretA Little Christmas: Claus's Secret by Della Cain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Claus’s recognizes that he’s little but he has to be brave to add anyone to his life. I like the fact that both men are able to figure out how to reconcile how to make it work. Another sweet Christmas story.

 

View all my reviews A Daddy for Christmas: EverA Daddy for Christmas: Ever by Wendy Rathbone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is such a sweet story. I love how they take turns initiating the contact between each other. It really shows how difficult it can be to find someone who shares your interests without exposing yourself to misunderstanding.

 

View all my reviews A Little Christmas: RaymondA Little Christmas: Raymond by A.W. Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Raymond is such a sweet character. He cares about people even though he feels alone. I also loved getting to Bellamy and Finn again. Aries' actions really seem to match his personality. This was a great love story about life getting better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment