Sunday, January 21, 2024

January 15 - 21, 2024

 

Lucky Break: A One Lucky Night NoveletteLucky Break: A One Lucky Night Novelette by Aria Kane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Derek tried to honor what others had requested but was left without the girl he wanted. Andrea never understood why he went away and was just mad. But a chance meeting gives them the opportunity for a new start. This is a short but sweet 2nd chance romance. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews Riding Heartbreak RoadRiding Heartbreak Road by Kiernan Kelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I debated with myself about posting this review. I loved the majority of the story. The dramatic timing is well done. I thought Jake’s wording at the beginning was a bit crude but it fit his character and the way he was raised so it is understandable. Then the epilogue played and it felt so dark without a spark of hope or a positive memorial that is spoiled the whole story for me. I felt that the story had an overall message of hope and love overcoming even the worst life can give. But after the epilogue the violence and hateful talk took over that love and hope of the story. So I’m giving it 3 because most of the story was very well written but the ending hit me hard and really felt depressing which could just be me. I listened to the audio version was so very well done. #CMCon24

View all my reviews A Little Christmas: Logan's Secret: An MM Age Play Christmas RomanceA Little Christmas: Logan's Secret: An MM Age Play Christmas Romance by Joe Satoria
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was easy to see how Logan was a bit lost with the way his life has gone. Tome is the right person at the right time. They fit each other well. This is the start of a new relationship.

 

View all my reviews Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case by A.J. Sherwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story has a mix of humor and action. I love the strength of Donovan’s caring. I like how the relationship is a part of the story but the cases are also a great mystery to solve. Can’t wait to listen to more. I listened to the audio copy that was really well done. #CMCon24
 

View all my reviews Keegan's Point (The Good Bad Guys, #1)Keegan's Point by H.D. Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ll be honest I picked this up because it was a short book by one of the authors I needed to read for the Coastal Magic Reading Challenge. BUT to my surprise I really loved this story. Charlie is an ordinary kid who gets to have an exciting adventure. There is some humor but also lots of dramatic moments. I like how we see Charlie’s personal growth. It seems that Charlie’s story is wrapped up but there are hints of more stories to come. #CMCon24

View all my reviews Seder in Space and Other TalesSeder in Space and Other Tales by J.D. Blackrose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though I’m not Jewish I could enjoy these story that mix humor with heart. Each one seems to have their own little messages. I think my favorite was the first one Seder in Space. #CMCon24

View all my reviews


Wow I can't believe we are only one month away from the Coastal Magic Convention.  I've really been trying to push to get those finally point between now and February 15.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment