Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: Admit One


Admit One
Admit One by Jenna Hilary Sinclair

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This story surprised me in how much it effected me on an emotional level. It was so much more than a romance story. Maybe because I live in a smaller, conservative town and I can easily picture some of those things happening if the school tried to put on a play like Rent that makes the story very believable. I love how the story is about two people Tom and Kevin but that the story is really an ensemble story where all the characters are important to the whole of the story. All the characters seem well developed and real. It takes a special writer to really make you feel both the pain and the triumph of the characters from Tom's despair to Robbie's moment of bravery in coming out. This is a very powerful story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment