Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: The Heart of Texas


The Heart of Texas
The Heart of Texas by R.J. Scott

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have a habit of reading a blurb and forgetting it before I actually start reading the book so I started this story expected something along the lines of boy defies dad by marrying boy; boy ends up falling for the boy he married; boy almost loses boy when the contract is up. But I was blown out of the water with this story. About a third of the way through the book it took the first of many unexpected twists and turns. The only thing I actually guessed right from the beginning was the truth of Beth's secret. Each twist pulling you further into the story and the lives of these families. You could begin to see the potential for total devastation of everyone involved and yet love, hope, and truth prevail. The story kept me engaged until the very last page. Make sure you have a tissue ready for this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment