Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review: The Rosas of Spanish Harlem


The Rosas of Spanish Harlem
The Rosas of Spanish Harlem by Johnny Miles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Tracey is small and slight. He has just turned 18 and is seems to be at the point he wants to explore his sexuality and lose his virginity. This is where the story takes a dark and disturbing turn. I really battled with the rating because on the surface I almost couldn't stomach some of what was happening. The end seems to bring some sense to Tracey and he seems to have figured out what he wants and what is not the way to go about it. Yet even here the ending seems a bit flat or maybe rushed. I think this might be a good read as a tale of caution to any young person on how to care for themselves and to avoid dangerous situations.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment