Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Eastern Ambitions


Eastern Ambitions
Eastern Ambitions by Jayne Rylon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I tried to decide if this was a 3 or a 4 so it's really a 3.5 for me and I usually go with the lower number in the stars themselves but because I love the series I went with 4 stars.

I enjoyed the story but for some reason Sam and Cindi both didn't reach me with the same emotion as the characters in the rest of the books so far. Both of them come full of baggage and secrets and both seem reluctant to reveal themselves. Even when they get together it still seems like they are not as close as the other relationships in the story. I was expected to need tissues with installment like I have with the rest but it didn't happen. It might be because the impart of Dad being sick and then fining out how bad it was had already happened in the previous stories. I just felt less connected reading this installment.

I'm looking forward to the final installment when we finally met the final Compton brother.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment