Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tattoos

How do you feel about tattoos?  Do you have any?  If so, what are they and where?  If not, have you ever secretly wanted one?


Until this past years tattoos were really a non-issue for me.  I knew I saw them on people and that the number of people you saw sporting them had seemed to be on the increase but I had only known one person who actually had one.  My dad had a horse on his calf muscle that he had gotten during his stint in the Navy during the Korean war in some Japanese port.  When I was younger he could make the horse appear to move my flexing his leg muscle and I remember thinking it was cool.  After I started reading erotic romance the issue of tattoos came more to the forefront of my thinking.  I started noticing them more on people in real life.  I hope I didn't offend anyone by checking out their ink.  After noticing that one of the dad's of the kids at church seemed to sometimes have his lower arm tattoo covered and sometimes uncovered I had to ask because it didn't seem to be offensive.  He was very happy to answer my question.  He had gotten his tattoo during his military service and was not a deputy sheriff.  Our sheriff is nothing if not a colorful character and that could be a whole 'nother post.  Anyway, our sheriff has decided that he does not link ink on his deputies.  He has now made it a matter of rejection of future employees.  For those already employed they are required to make sure any visible ink is covered during working hours.  So when he comes straight from work he usually still has is cover on.  Seems like such a very silly requirement.

Also, I know have some great online friends who have ink and they have shown off pictures so that has given me more food for thought.

As you can probably guess by now I don't have any tattoos myself.

But there is a part of me that thinks I might like to have one.  Two things holding me back.  One I don't like pain a whole lot and mostly I know that ink is permanent so I want to make sure that if I go under the needles it needs to be something special and meaningful that I want to spend the rest of my life with.  I probably want it to be something small at least to start with.  One thing that I've considered is something like an ankle bracelet style, but not sure what I would want it to look like.  Finally, I need to find a good place to have it done and since I'm not sure I know anyone locally I'd want to ask this could be the biggest roadblock.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any either. Don't plan on getting one. They look nice on people. I don't have a problem with other people having them. That said, I think of what they'll look like when that person is 80. Won't be a perky!
    We also have issues with workers having them at Nursing home. Older folks are not into them and some may find them offensive, so workers are supposed to have them covered. Hard to do when they are all over.

    ReplyDelete