Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: His Bare Obsession


His Bare Obsession
His Bare Obsession by Lacey Thorn

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I had a really hard time coming up with a rating for this book. It was not badly written and the story was a riveting one but it just didn't do it for me on several levels. The first is that looking at the cover (yes, I'm a visual learner) I was expecting something very different from what the story turned out to be. I got it as a freebie so I did read the whole thing although I did skim a bit more through parts of it. I found the violent nature of the crimes so well described a bit too much for me. This is why I'm not a fan of CIS type crime drama. Also, it seemed that there were so many underlying issues that Moira had been ignoring for years and to suddenly blurt them out to one person and then share everything with another who she had just met seemed a bit over the top. Further Moria has just met detective Gil and she completes changes everything in her life in days of meeting him. And finally, I think that if I had an encounter with a crazed killer who was stalking me so he could rape and murder me I don't think I would be so eager to explore a sexual relationship with a near stranger.

The biggest irony or maybe lesson to be taken from this story is that no matter how much you know or how well prepared you can still be taken unawares and become a victim. More than one woman in the story had been trained in self defense and anti-victim classes and they were still in danger. In addition a loaded weapon beats self-defense.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment